Report by Craig Broadfoot and F4WOnline.com …
WWE SmackDown brand – House Show
21 April 2012 – Glasgow, Scotland (Braehead Arena)
Show was sold out, benefit of having it on a Saturday night. Lots of kids in the crowd, with lots of green Cena merch everywhere.
Lillian Garcia sang Flower of Scotland. Which was nice.
1) Brodus Clay pinned Jinder Mahal with a big splash. Good reaction for Clay. Girls and Hornswoggle were in the house also. Lots of dancing.
2) Mason Ryan and The Usos beat Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks and “Showtime” Percy Watson. Ryan pinned Hawkins with a full nelson slam. Fun match.
3) Alberto Del Rio (with Ricardo) beat The Great Khali via submission with the armbar. Del Rio was awesome, Ricardo was awesome, Khali tried but struggled.
4) Alicia Fox pinned Natalya. Aksana was referee. Nattie played the heel. Fox got the pin with a roll up. Meh.
5) Intercontinental Champion The Big Show pinned Cody Rhodes with the choke slam. Match was longer than their WM outing. Was fine for what it was.
6) Drew McIntyre and Booker T beat Christian and Mark Henry, when Booker pinned Christian with the Axe Kick.Drew got an excellent reaction and talked about how he loved performing in Scotland, giving a shout out to his parents (who were in the crowd) and talking about how he’s gotten drunk all over the world but nothing compares to getting drunk in Glasgow. Fair point. Booker was Drew’s mystery partner, great reaction for him also. Longest match so far. Drew and Booker did the Spinarooni after the match.
7) Randy Orton pinned Kane with the RKO in a No Disqualification match. Boring, clubbering match until the finish. Orton kicked out the chokeslam, Kane went for a Tombstone on a chair only for Orton to reverse into an RKO for the pin.
8) World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus pinned Daniel Bryan. Bryan announced before the match that if Sheamus hit the referee he would be fired and Bryan would win the title. Lots of YES! chants, Bryan worked the crowd great. Very good match, best of the night. Sheamus won after about 20 minutes of back and forth action with the big kick. Highlight of the night.
Overall a pretty good show as always from WWE, but you really see from the undercard the lack of depth on the SmackDown roster in particular.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?