As we reported on Monday, Brock Lesnar had a huge blow up backstage following the Extreme Rules PPV, as he was furious with the way the PPV ended, specifically John Cena's post-main event speech, during which Cena did not sell the beating he took from Lesnar the way Lesnar was told he would.
In an update on the backstage blow up, F4WOnline.com is reporting that "some, if not most" of the incident was not entirely legitimate, and that a lot of what happened was indeed a work, as a way to re-enforce to the locker room that having Cena go over in the bout was the right decision.
Furthermore, it's being said that WWE's current mentality as far as Lesnar is concerned is that he should be used to put major talent over in the company, as he is on a limited WWE schedule and likely won't be around after WrestleMania next year.
WWE did try to "leak" news that Lesnar had quit WWE following the Extreme Rules PPV, in hopes that the dirt sheets would pick it up, however by the time the news began to leak it had already been reported that Lesnar was indeed backstage for Raw on Monday night.
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?