Arda Ocal of theScore Television Network and the Baltimore Sun recently spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. Highlights include:
– Why he decided to write an autobiography ("Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story") and open up about his use of drugs, adultery and pains in pro wrestling
– His ankle being healed and still taking bookings and wrestling
– His thoughts and feelings on what happened to his daughter Tamina in WWE: "I taught both her and my son. At first they were using her pretty good, but all of a sudden they start (having her lose) and I thought 'what's going on here'? She hurt her wrist and was out for a while and now she's back again. She looks better than ever and I'm so proud of her. I tell her to put only one focus in your mind and take care of #1 and that's it".
– A possible return to WWE for his son Jimmy Snuka Jr.?
– The story on how Jimmy Snuka gave The Rock "The People's Eyebrow"
– How Snuka was supposed to become WWWF champion, beating Bob Backlund, and he initially postponed the idea but it never happened
– How he was supposed to turn heel and main event WrestleMania with Hulk Hogan and why that was nixed: "Vince McMahon came up to me and said 'we want you to turn heel'. I said 'OK, what's up brudda?' and Vince said he wanted me to wrestle Hulk Hogan and I said I loved it. I heard that Hogan later said that 'I don't want to wrestle with that crazy maniac.' But I loved him anyway."
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?