Big Show and Stephanie McMahon were not at Raw last night because they attended Yahoo's Digital Content Newfront event in New York City. They were there to announce the new partnership between WWE and Yahoo that will begin this summer.
Yahoo will become the new global video distribution partner for WWE. With this, Yahoo's website will feature a page/hub dedicated to WWE content that's available globally. That will include the following:
– A 30-minute RAW pre-show every Monday night
– Two weekly series of original programming, 50 episodes per year
– Exclusive access to WWE archives of historic full matches, shows, highlights and other events
– Additional pre-show content for WWE pay-per-views
– Clips from current WWE TV shows
Some are wondering what this means for WWE's similar partnership with YouTube, but there haven't been any details released on if and how that will change when the agreement between WWE & Yahoo begins this summer.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?