Sources: PWPonderings, PWTorch
Ring of Honor kicked off its tour of the Midwest with an "unauthorized" Night of Hoopla hosted by Truth Martini in Chicago, IL. This is being described as quite possibly the strangest night in ROH history.
ROH Unauthorized Presents: A Night of Hoopla
-Truth Martini came out to start the night with Hoopla Hottie Scarlet. He is the guest announcer for the entire night, while Scarlet sang the "House of Truth national anthem". According to reports, the refs are not wearing pants…
(1) Matt Taven def. Adam Cole & Eddie Edwards. Said to be a funny match with Scarlet getting involved, and Eddie breaking character to chop Scarlet's ass. She also stripped at one point during the match.
-Jimmy Jacobs came out to perform some of his songs.
(2) Jay Lethal def. Delirious. Lethal came out in his "King Machismo" gimmick on a rolling pallet, and cut a promo about the Ultimate Warrior. They literally re-created the entire Savage/Warrior retirement match from start to finish. Afterwards, Lethal proposed to Maria, who was ringside for Delirious, and Mike Bennett came out to get her.
-Next was a "Pants Off, Dance Off" competition. Several Hoopla Hotties came out and danced on polls, and with the crowd. The judge was going to award the winner, but…DAVEY RICHARDS came out to interrupt the madness. He started to cut a promo about what Ring of Honor is supposed to be about, mentioning Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. He then completely broke character, started dancing on the ropes, making out with the women, and was awarded the winner of the competition. Unreal….
(3) Davey Richards def. Silas Young. This became a "lumberjill" match, which really just featured a bunch of men dressed in drag. That got a "this is awkward" chant from the crowd. Davey won with the ankle lock.
(4) reDRagon def. Roderick Strong & Cheeseburger with a superkick, followed by a brainbuster.
-Truth Martini brought out "The Devil" who cut a promo about QT Marshal selling his soul to him. He got beaten up by the Hotties, and had his pants taken off. Because why the hell not…
(5) Michael Elgin, BJ Whitmer & MsChif def. ACH, Tadarius Thomas & Athena. There was a ridiculous amount of comedy spots, including Elgin doing the worm, and ACH being terrified of MsChif. Finish came when Elgin made out with MsChif, then sprayed green mist at Thomas for the win.
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?