Thanks to "HvyMetalZombie" Moore for sending this in. You can follow him on Twitter @HvyMetalZombie.
The show started off with Lillian Garcia welcoming us and singing the national anthem, very well, might I add.
1. Los Matadores defeated 3MB (Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal)
– in a very upbeat and hard hitting contest to open the program. After the match El Torito managed to hurricanrada Jinder and set up Los Matadores finisher.
2. Tyson Kidd defeated Hunico
– By way of pinfall, in an unexpected and cool return from both men. Highflying and counter-filled action at its best in this match. Tyson Kidd seemed 100%.
3. Natayla defeated AJ Lee
– By way of submission to the Sharpshooter. Great match by both ladies, the crowd was slit 50/50 in this match. Seeing AJ Lee live made the night.
4. World Heavyweight Championship match – No DQ
Alberto Del Rio defeated R-Truth by way of pinfall of the superkick to the face.
– This was an interactive match stipulation. We were allowed the option to vote for the match to be either No DQ or 2 out of 3 Falls. Pretty cool to see WWE take this to their non-televised shows as well. Lots of great action: Kendo Sticks, chairs, the steel steps, and even tables were using in this match. Del Rio picked up the victory after putting R-Truth through a table in the corner and hitting the superkick to the face.
Del Rio taunts us in the crowd and makes Truth pay, but Rey Mysterio returns to make the save! They set Del Rio up and Rey hits the 619 with ease. As R-Truth and Mysterio enter the back, Damien Sandow's music hits, and he runs into the ring and they tease a cash-in. Truth and Mysterio come and make the save and layout Sandow followed by both men holding the World Championship to the crowd for a huge pop. Rey then stares intensely at the title and leaves.
5. Zack Ryder defeated Wade Barrett
– By way of roll-up. Good back and forth from both men. Ryder hit the Broski Boot and Barrett hit the running sideslam. Great reaction from both men.
6. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Eric Rowan) defeated Prime Time Players
– By way of pinfall. Both teams got HUGE pops from the crowd. Me and my group of friends made a row full of PTP dance when they came out. 75% of the crowd were on their feet when the Wyatt Family entered. Great back and forth by all men. Titus looks great standing up next to both of these giants. Luke Harper hits the spinning clothesline for the victory. Bray Wyatt then enters and enters his signature stance and taunts us with "Follow the Buzzards".
7. CM Punk defeated Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman in 2 on 1 Extreme Rules
– By way of pinfall from the GTS. Paul Heyman opens up and taunts us all in the crowd, and speaks slowly, seeing we are in Mississippi. Fantastic match from start to finish. Think their match at Night of Champions, and that was what this match was. Only this time with much more activity from Paul Heyman and his trusted Kendo stick. Heyman is surprisingly fast in person, as we see him run away from Punk throughout the match. CM Punk manages to beat down Heyman several times with the Kendo stick before Axel makes the save. The match lasted around 20 minutes, and was full of fast-paced, hard-hitting action full of Kendo sticks, chairs, the barricade, and even the entrance ramp. Punk hits the GTS on Axel for the pinfall. 5-star match.
After the match CM Punk thanks the crowd for coming out and being the first sold out town since coming back from the Mexico tour. Punk shakes with the crowd and takes a few pictures before closing the show. Funny enough, Fandango's music hits and the entire arena sings along with it as we exit. Great show overall, professional performers through and through.
Biggest pops of the night:
1. CM Punk
Biggest heat of the night:
1. Paul Heyman
Del Rio had zero… Zero reaction at this show.
aj leeAlberto del RioCM PunkCurtis Axelhunicolos-matadoresr-truthrey mysteriotyson kiddWWEWWE Live EventHave a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?