Thanks to Nic Bjorlin for sending in the following:
It must be a weak economy in town as there were chunks of empty floor seats and lower bowl seats at Nationwide Arena. Only a fraction of the second level seats were filled and the third level was totally unused. Before the action, the Mae Young tribute from Smackdown aired on the arena's overhead video board. Justin Roberts was the announcer for the evening and started the festivities asking we all rise during the National Anthem. Special guest Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer was announced as a Block O was displayed on the overhead video board.
1. The Primetime Players defeated Ryback and Curtis Axel in a less than perfect match. During the match, the bizarre Columbus crowd chanted "Feed Me More." A spot was botched in which Axel came off the second rope for a missed axe handle and his legs fell on top of a prone Darren Young. Young made the hot tag to Titus, who cleaned house and after Ryback took himself and Young over the top rope with a clothesline, Titus hit his spinebuster on Axel for the win. After the match, O'Neil and Young celebrated with O'Neil's former football coach Urban Meyer.
2. Alicia Fox beat Aksana in a contest selected by the fans over a Dance-off 51-49%. Fox played face for the night and Aksana garnered heat by teasing the men in the audience. A nice spot in the match was Aksana seductively crawling along the ring apron leading to a baseball slide by Fox. The match went back and forth for several minutes until Fox got the pin out of nowhere. Afterward, Fox took a great deal of time to interact with the fans, going back and slapping hands with children.
3. Xavier Woods pinned Brodus Clay in significantly the shortest match of the night. Given Clay's reaction after the match, it appeared the finish happened much sooner than it should have. After Clay beat down Woods for a couple of minutes, Woods comes back with some offense and hit a sloppy looking Eat Defeat for the pin.
4. Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated The Real Americans (with Zeb Colter) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. Colter in neckbrace and confined to a wheelchair ran down the town and said Swagger and Cesaro would beat Cody and "that freak brother of his" just like Michigan State and Clemson beat Ohio State. It was a lengthy match with both teams having equal time on offense. Both Cody and Goldy played the Ricky Morton role in the match. Some notable spots include The Cesaro Swing on Goldust, Goldust literally punching the spit out of Cesaro, and Goldust clotheslining Swagger over the top rope causing Jack to stumble head first into Colter's crotch. Cody's attempt at the Disaster Kick was countered with a Patriot Lock. As Goldust and Cesaro battled on the outside, Cody eventually kicked Swagger off of him and hit Cross Rhodes for the pin.
After a 15-minute intermission, Raw General Manager Brad Maddox made his way down to 100% boos. He then introduced Kane, who wore his typical in-ring outfit sans mask and wig. Maddox explained that due to "travel issues", the Big Show was unable to make it. He declared Kane the winner by forfeit, but Kane stared down Maddox and was not have any of it. Brad advised that he had a backup match for Kane. The place goes dark as the subliminal Wyatt Family video played across the video board. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan made their way out with Rowan carrying the rocking chair, however, they were sans Bray Wyatt for the evening. Rowan placed his mask on the chair and Harper did the same with his vest. Maddox corrected himself when he pointed out to Kane it would be a handicap match.
6. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan beat Kane in an upset. With everyone involved being heels on TV, slightly more of the crowd backed Kane in the match than The Wyatts. The majority of the match was just old fashioned brawling with Kane trying to stave off a relentless Harper and Rowan. It was like three bears fighting over a salmon. The finish was Harper hitting his discus clothesline and Rowan bouncing off the ropes with his big splash to get the pin.
7. Alberto Del Rio beat Sin Cara. Sin Cara received a nice reaction from the crowd, but Del Rio received little response when he came out. One spot in the match had Del Rio removing Sin Cara's mask completely, with Cara covering his face so one would recognize him under his other identity. He eventually got the mask back on and made a comeback. He went for the Senton, but Del Rio dodged it leading to Sin Cara rolling through it and turning around to eat a kick to the head. Del Rio slapped on the Cross Arm Breaker for a quick tapout.
8. John Cena defeated WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton by disqualification, which meant Orton retained the title. Orton came down to the ring first, followed by Cena, whose fan reaction nearly blew the roof off the building. Justin Roberts was about to follow tradition and introduce the challenger first, but Orton got in his face and insisted on being introduced first. This one felt like it went on for twenty minutes and was crisp and smooth with both guys kicking out of each others finishers and Orton even knocked Cena out with one of the championships after a ref bump, but he took too long to revive the ref leading to Cena kicking out. Both men got tied up and eventually Orton kicked Cena low leading to the disqualification.
After the match, Orton was going to walk away with his championships, but decided he wanted to punt Cena. He missed and Cena turned it into an Attitude Adjustment to send the crowd home happy. Justin Roberts announced WWE would return eventually, but nothing specific was mentioned.
bray wyattCody Rhodescurtis axelGoldustJohn CenaKaneRandy OrtonRybackthe real americanstitus o'neilWWEWWE Live EventHave a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?