With the latest WWE Summerslam installment upon us, The Lapsed Fan looks back at one of the most stacked, yet confounding summer spectaculars in history. The 1993 Summerslam featured the culmination of the skyrocket push of Lex Luger as an All-American crusader looking to take the belt off Yokozuna, who had just sent Hulk Hogan packing from the WWF.
The Lapsed Fan co-chairmen Jack Encarnacao and JP Sarro chop it all up in a sizzling Slam review, including:
– Why Shawn Michaels v. Mr. Perfect is one of the most underwhelming WWF PPV matches ever
– A strained attempt at making sense of Lex Luger winning via count out instead of winning the strap and then celebrating like he struck gold
– Owen Hart’s befuddling wardrobe, including a necktie and leather pants
– The debut of Joe Fowler as an announcer fresh off Mean Gene’s departure, and the immediate regret of all involved
– One of the most ingenious gags Bobby Heenan has ever pulled off in commentary, as he whips out the Brain Scan on a replay of IRS’ victory over the 123 Kid.
– Who would you rather watch: Giant Gonzalez or Great Khali?
– Ludvig Borga’s PPV debut, and his punch-heavy offense
– Jimmy Del Ray’s incongruous flying ability
That and so much more. Get Lapsed for a Summerslam that had more riding on it than few ever, by downloading the latest edition here.
You can listen to the show in the video player below, or alternatively you can download it by clicking here. (Right Click/Save As)
To check out past episodes of The Lapsed Fan, be sure to click here!
You can subscribe to the Lapsed Fan RSS feed at http://www.sherdogvideos.com/lapsed/lapsed_podcast.rss
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?