Alberto Del Rio Press Conference Highlights
As we previously reported, Alberto Del Rio was scheduled for a press conference to discuss his upcoming plans for AAA, his WWE departure, debuting at TripleMania, and more.
Alberto del Rio and AAA President Joaquin Roldan held a press conference yesterday in Mexico City with Hugo Savinovich hosting. Alberto said he is going to be with AAA for the immediate future, and the promotion is his new home.
– He said that “El Patron” is his new ring name
– El Patron confirms he can’t wrestle yet due to the 90-day non-compete clause, but he is working with his lawyers to get it lifted. He says wants to wrestle at Sunday’s TripleMania event. (This was said to be a comment to get heat on WWE.)
– El Patron wants to face the AAA Mega Heavyweight Champion whenever he is cleared to wrestle, and called out Hijo del Texano specifically. This would seem to confirm he will work as a técnico, or babyface.
– El Patron was asked about his firing by WWE, but he said that he couldn’t talk about it yet due to legal issues, but can comment in a couple of weeks.
– He was asked about Rey Mysterio being unhappy in WWE and leaving for AAA, but El Patron said he doesn’t know much about it. Joaquin Roldan stepped in and said Mysterio is still under contract with WWE, and they can’t talk to him now, but if Mysterio was available they would be open to signing him in the future.
Woods Comments On ‘New Nation’