You can find some of Bret’s comments from his #AskTheHitman segment at the end of the episode transcribed below.
— dominic tagoe (@dom340) April 8, 2016
On Bret’s decision to turn heel and do the Canada vs USA storyline:
BH: Vince gave me two lists. He wrote down a list of guys I was going to work with as a babyface and the guys I was going to work with as a heel. I remember it was a legit list because I remember going, “These are the baby faces we have and these are the heels that we have,” at the time. I remember Vader was on the top of that list. I knew right away, “That’s a big sell to me turning heel.” That I don’t have to work with Vader.
On why he did not enjoy working with Vader:
BH: It was like wrestling with a cement truck filled with barf. (Laughs) He was stiff and really the sh*ts to work with as far as… he was no fun. He hurt you constantly. Every punch or kick. I can remember he did a belly flop on me one time. He told me he could do it safe and not hurt me or whatever. My body felt violated. Four hundred pounds of blob just slapped my whole body. I was numb after the match. I remember feeling violated. He was really stiff. He stunk. He smelled like throw up. He never washed his gear. I guess he washed it every once in awhile. After a couple of weeks on the road with Vader it was just tough working with him. He was maybe one of the stiffest and smelliest guys I ever had to wrestle.
This episode features Bret and his sons Blade & Dallas talking to WrestleZone Radio’s Nick Hausman about a variety of topics coming out of WrestleMania 32 & the post-WrestleMania 32 RAW. Including:
- Bret’s recent appearance at Dreamwave wrestling in Lasalle, IL
- Shane McMahon running RAW for two weeks in a row after his Hell in a Cell match with Undertaker at WrestleMania 32
- Cesaro’s in-ring work and his new tear away suit entrance
- The Bullet Club’s Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows’ debut on Monday Night RAW
- How the post-WrestleMania time of the year is usually when WWE does cuts to the roster
- The WWE’s lack of African American champions and why that may be
- Whether Bret sees Shinsuke Nakamura as a future WWE World Heavyweight Champion
- Apollo Crews’ run on the WWE main roster
- Roman Reigns’ as “The Guy” in WWE
- Bray Wyatt’s potential as a babyface
- Natalya’s match with Charlotte from Monday Night RAW
- Dr. Phil’s work with Charlotte and Ric Flair on RAW
This episode also features Bret giving his “4 Out Of 10” award of the week as well as answering questions from the #AskTheHitman mailbag.
You can listen to the full archives of The Sharpshooter Show in the embedded audio player below: