Former WWE writer and current ROH on HDNet Producer, David Lagana, sent the following blog exclusively to WrestleZone.com. Be sure to visit www.rohwrestling.com as soon as possible because you will not want to miss their iPPV this weekend – The Big Bang – as Champion Tyler Black defends against Roderick Strong and Austin Aries.
Wrestlemania is described as “grandest stage of them all”. For every pro wrestler, it’s the place you dream of having that classic match that will stand the test of time. For wrestling fans, it’s on the bucket list to attend live before you die. I was amazingly lucky to work for WWE for six years from 2002-20008 and got a unique glimpse into this amazing spectacle. This year, I was in Phoenix working on the Ring of Honor shows and was able to approach the weekend from outside the “bubble”. Wrestlemania always stands for the end of one wrestling year and the start of a new one. Where will we be one year from now?
During the show, I tweeted (twitter.com/Lagana) some thoughts about this event. Here are ten of my thoughts. Take them for what you will.
1. Very interesting to see Miz and Morrison on opposite sides of the ring in the opening match. Last year, they were cut from the main card after being the best tag team for over a year. I remember when they both came onto ECW in 2007 as “throw ins” and I’m very proud and happy to see both on their way.
2. Orton as a babyface seems almost a year too late. He had great momentum last year when he kicked Vince in the head.
3. Jack Swagger seems to have raided the closet of Team Angle for his new ring gear. Last year as the ECW Champion he seemed to be on a rocket shit and then seemingly fell into purgatory. He has a lot of potential.
4. So glad that Howard Finkel made the show. He deserves it and will always be the best ring announcer. If you grew up with him, I bet you can remember every title change he called.
5. Is 8:10pm (eastern) the earliest that Triple H has ever wrestled on a Wrestlemania?
Continued on page 2…
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?