– Congratulations to the new Ring of Honor World Champion Roderick Strong who defeated Tyler Black in a great main event at “Glory by Honor IX”. Roderick has worked very hard throughout his years at Ring of Honor and it all paid off on Saturday as his name can now be added to the elite list of ROH World Champions. Roderick has had an added focus since joining up with Truth Martini. Many critics said it was a bad idea for Strong to align himself with the man of Truth but Martini did as he said and led Roderick to his first ever World Championship. See the replay of this historic event courtesy of GoFightLive.TV right here: http://www.gofightlive.tv/
– It was announced that Davey Richards will get his ROH World Title shot on December 18th, 2010 at “Final Battle 2010” live on iPPV. After recent rumors of possible retirement after 2010, Davey recently said that he’s not going anywhere because this is what he is meant to do. He is not leaving and his sights are clearly set on winning the ROH World Championship.
– Christopher Daniels had a very impressive weekend as he continues to establish that he is one of the best in the world and a top contender for the Ring of Honor World Championship. Daniels went to a 30 minute draw with Tyler Black on Friday night in Plymouth, MA and then defeated Austin Aries at “Glory by Honor IX” with the Angels Wings off the top rope. After his match on Friday Daniels claimed that after “Glory by Honor” he wanted to be the first in line for a Championship match. With the impressive amount of wins over the last few months it is inevitable that Daniels will receive a Championship match sometime soon.
– Homicide made his surprise return to Ring of Honor last Saturday at “Glory by Honor IX”. After the iPPV went off the air, Homicide claimed he would fight everyone in his way to get the title from new champion Roderick Strong at “Final Battle 2010” in December. ROH officials have said that they are happy to see the return of Homicide however he is not entitled to a championship match and he will have to work his way up the ranks to earn a shot at the most prestigious championship in wrestling today. Homicide will start his climb on Friday night October 15th in Dayton, OH and he will also compete on Saturday night October 16th when ROH returns to Chicago Ridge, IL. Tickets for both of these events are available right here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/
– Ring of Honor is pleased to announce the participation of current ROH World Champion Roderick Strong and current ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards in the Pro Wrestling NOAH 4th annual NTV Cup Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team League. This tournament will be held during the upcoming Autumn Navigation 2010 tour taking place from 10/15 – 10/30. These two wrestlers will unite for the annual tournament and look to bring the title of being 2010 Nippon TV Cup Junior Heavyweight Tag League Champions back to the USA. “We know that our World and Television Champions will represent us well in the tournament” said ROH President Cary Silken. Ring of Honor congratulates both men and they are on a mission to become the first gaijins to win the prestigious tournament.
– The Kings of Wrestling versus Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin was possibly the best tag team match of the year. Both teams brought the house down in New York City as they battled to see who was the greatest tag team in the world, and although it was The King’s who came out on top, Haas and Benjamin definitely earned the respect of the ROH faithful. We here at ROH would love to have Haas & Benjamin back and we are sure they both have more to prove.
– Kyle O’Reilly put up an outstanding effort against 2-time ROH World Champion Austin Aries on Friday night in Plymouth, MA. O’Reilly showed enough fortitude that he was able to kick out of Aries’ Brainbuster, which is a move that has put away many of the greatest wrestlers to compete in an ROH ring. O’Reilly has been signed to a contract with Ring of Honor and is in a similar situation as fellow newcomer Adam Cole. Both men are young, talented athletes who are looking to prove they can hang with the best and show that they are the future of Ring of Honor. Cole and O’Reilly will both be in action on Friday night October 15th in Dayton, OH and on Saturday night October 16th in Chicago Ridge, IL. ROH officials are excited to see what the future has in store for O’Reilly and Cole.
– El Generico was unmasked by his nemesis Kevin Steen Saturday at “Glory by Honor IX” after a horrific double chain match which saw Colt Cabana put away Steve Corino with the Billy Goat’s Curse. After the hard fought victory, Steen ripped off Generico’s mask and Cabana quickly covered his head taking him to the back. Steen then proceeded to do exactly what he predicted as he put the mask of Generico symbolizing his head onto a chair and wrote “Mr. Wrestling” in blood on the chair recreating the picture on his official T-Shirt. What will result from this revolting act of disrespect?
– As announced Monday, (http://www.rohwrestling.com/
– Spots are filling up quickly for the ROH Tryout/Training Seminar taking place on Sunday October 3rd at the ROH Training Academy. Check out this article (http://www.rohwrestling.com/
– ROH & HDNet are excited to announce that “ROH on HDNet” will make its debut in several new Comcast markets as HDNet premieres on September 30th in our home market of Philadelphia, Detroit, and several more! Check your local listing for the specific channels, and check out “ROH on HDNet” every Monday night at 8pm & 11pm!
– Speaking of HDNet, Ring of Honor returns to Philadelphia for the final time in 2010 on Friday, October 1st and Saturday, October 2nd for back-to-back days of TV Tapings. The following wrestlers have signed to appear: New ROH World Champion Roderick Strong with Truth Martini and The House of Truth, World Tag Team Champions The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn, Colt Cabana, Steve Corino, Christopher Daniels (10/1 only), The Dark City Fight Club, and Mike Bennett. We’ll have additional names to announce soon.
– There are several new DVD releases which are now in stock and available for immediate shipping at ROHWrestling.com. “Salvation” from 7/24/10 in Chicago features Tyler Black defending the World Title against Kevin Steen; The Kings of Wrestling vs. GenerationMe; Amazing Kong vs. Sara Del Rey; plus four Opening Round Matches in Tag Wars 2010. “ROH on HDNet Vol. 3” includes KENTA vs. Chris Hero; Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson for the World Title; Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe; a six man tag with KENTA, Bryan Danielson, & Roderick Strong vs. The American Wolves & Chris Hero; plus MUCH more. “Shimmer Vol. 32” includes Cheerleader Melissa vs. Ayako Hamada; Mercedes Martinez vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto; Ayumi Kurihara vs. Daizee Haze; Misaki Ohata vs. Sara Del Rey; plus more. To order these titles or any other our other recent releases please click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/
– The Buy 3, Get 2 Free Sale on all Ring of Honor DVD’s is currently ongoing until tomorrow (Thursday) morning at ROHWrestling.com. Read the complete details on how you can get your free DVD’s here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?