Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) and Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) of The Score chat with former WWE Superstar Edge. Highlights:
– Speaking with Steve Austin about his injury (having shared the exact same injury that forced them both to retire) and did Steve Austin sound like he could return to the ring for one more match?
– Who gave him the news that he had to retire
– If he didn't receive the news, how long he felt he would have competed before he retired
– Haven on SyFy: his role on the show, and will he return to the show
– Edge's thoughts on Christian's rivalry with Randy Orton, and in his opinion why it took so long for Christian to be considered a main event superstar
– Mentoring Zack Ryder and his current success in the WWE
– Jimmy reffing his match with Undertaker at WrestleMania 24
– What he thought of Tony Chimel's unique way of announcing him to the ring
– The infamous "napkin foreign object" and "clown noses" from tag team matches with Own Hart and Jeff Jarrett
– When does Edge want to enter the WWE Hall of Fame?
– Winning his very first championship – the IC title at a live event at the SkyDome in the late 90's, and how that came about
– Wanting to work more with Dolph Ziggler, and fun goofy antics at a live event in Toronto
– Will Edge write a second book?
– Will Edge ever adopt social networking?
– Being involved with an essay writing contest to win wrestling training, exactly how he received wrestling training (www.squaredcircletraining.com)
– Being clean shaven and thinking about cutting his hair
– Edge will be at the Smackdown TV event on September 12 in Toronto, but as of right now it is not an on camera capacity
Full 50+ minute interview available here: http://radio.thescore.com/
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?