WrestleZone.com reader Bob Carson sent along the following ...
Folks, this is a truly explosive edition of Carson's Corner: courtesy of good friend Justin Ray Harvey, hall-of-fame host Bob Carson welcomes former heavyweight boxing champion Tommy "The Duke" Morrison to the show!
Morrison is known around the world for his multiple heavyweight title wins - including legendary victories over George Foreman, "Razor" Ruddock and others - "the hardest left hook in history" against Art Tucker, appearing in the polarizing "Rocky V" and his recent battle to have a professionally devastating diagnosis as HIV+ overturned. From the ring to the screen and everywhere in between, TOMMY MORRISON has truly done it all, making him an ideal candidate to be welcomed into Casa de Carson for the most in-depth interview in combat sports™!
A heavyweight legend like Tommy has almost too much to say for us to list here - needless to say, you OWE it to yourself as a fan of fighting to tune in for a discussion that features the following as just a fraction of its incredible content:
- Tommy giving the inside story on the production of "Rocky V" and his selection for the role which changed his life, including Stallone sparring stories, script changes and the climactic street fight which was originally set to KILL beloved multi-generational hero to billions Rocky Balboa FOREVER.
- Why he dislikes the sport of MMA and yet would still participate in it for the right price, including a PROMISE to one-punch KO Chuck Liddell if a fight between them was ever really arranged. Remember folks, LIDDELL called out MORRISON first during his infamous "sleep deprived / allergy medication" television interview.
- An update on his current health including the issue of his initial disputed HIV+ diagnosis, subsequent negative tests which have been disputed in turn by some medical and sanctioning professionals, plus his current in-ring status. Is he still active as a fighter?
- Recent run-ins with the law, including charges relating to drug and weapons possession. Does Tommy think we should enter into a serious debate about marijuana decriminalization? Why is he reluctant to lend his voice on political issues, and should more celebrity athletes and entertainers take a similar stance?
- What about his reported preparations for the anticipated "Y2K Crisis" which never seemed to materialize? Were any of the items he was arrested for possessing intended to be part of his stockpile against a dark future?
- And what about his relationship with Uncle John Wayne? Was Peggy Noonan right to say the contemporary GOP should emulate the actor's famous on-screen persona? What about the media outlets which have labeled Wayne a hypocritical "draft-dodging chickenhawk"?
TOMMY MORRISON is a multiple-time world champ who will surprise, enlighten and entertain you with his answers on these and a range of other topics. What more needs to be said?
For more UFC/MMA coverage, visit WrestleZone's official MMA sister-site, Sherdog.com.