- First of all, Sabu had a rough day as it turns out. He tried to cross the border, but got turned away due to not having working papers. He then drove approx. three hours to Detroit trying to get across there, but that didn't work either. He ended up traveling all day and never made it to the shows.
- Angel Medina, aka Angel of the Baldies in ECW, defeated Kid Kash and 2 Cold Scorpio in a three-way to win the first Hardcore Roadtrip Championhip.
- From what I can tell, the show was a legitimate sell-out, and if it wasn't, it was very close to one. It was held at the London Ukranian Centre.
- One source I talked to had a bad feeling about the event. The company promoted that the event would be broadcast via iPPV, and pre-sold tickets for it. They also pre-sold DVD's of the event. However, there were no cameras or commentary in sight, so it looks like they pulled the plug on those products. The source told me that as of this writing, he had not been told whether or not refunds would be offered.
- Sabu wasn't the only talent advertised and unable to make the show. While the source I mentioned above made it sound like the promoters lied to fans about who would be there, another person that attended the event said the promoters were upfront with the live crowd regarding the talent that couldn't make it, and why.
If you were at the event and have something to add, please email me and let me know what your experience was like. Additionally, if you're a promoter or talent involved with the event, I'd like to hear from you too if you have some time.
You can visit Hardcore Roadtrip's official website for further updates and information regarding future shows.