Tony Khan has announced that Joe will face Max Caster in a qualifying match for The Owen Hart Foundation Tournament.
Arriving last week at ROH #SupercardOfHonor,@SamoaJoe is signed with @AEW & has said that he plans to dominate!
Samoa Joe debuts in AEW vs. @PlatinumMax in an Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament Qualifier Bout on #AEWDynamite LIVE @ 8pm ET/7pm CT on @TBSNetwork TOMORROW night! pic.twitter.com/EbM6kzNgE9
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) April 5, 2022
Joe surprisingly appeared at Ring of Honor’s Supercard of Honor event, and Khan subsequently announced that he has signed with AEW. This will be Joe’s first match since his WWE release in January. He hasn’t wrestled since NXT TakeOver 36 on August 22, 2021, as he was subsequently forced to vacate the NXT Championship in September.
The updated card is as follows:
- Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Qualifier: Samoa Joe vs. Max Caster
- ROH & AAA Tag Team Championships: FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) (c) vs. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
- Tables Match: The Hardys (Matt & Jeff Hardy) vs. Butcher & Blade
- Adam Cole vs. Christian Cage
- Women’s Owen Hart Tournament Qualifying Match
WrestleZone will have full coverage of the show as it airs.