On June 5, Game Changer Wrestling presented its “C.O.S.” event at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, NJ.
Several of the company’s top stars, such as Joey Janela, Second Gear Crew, and Blake Christian competed. In the likely main event, John Wayne Murdoch defended the GCW Ultraviolent Championship against Alex Colon in The Cage of Survival Match.
The results are as follows:
- Scramble Match for the GCW Extreme Championship: AJ Gray (c) defeated Cole Radrick, Mike Bailey, Jimmy Lloyd, Akira, Nick Wayne, and Jordan Oliver
- Masha Slamovich defeated LuFisto
- Second Gear Crew (Matthew Justice and Mance Warner) defeated IronBeast (Shane Mercer and KTB)
- Sawyer Wreck defeated Joey Janela
- Matt Cardona, sitting in a wheelchair, comes to the ring in a neck brace and a sling. He was advertised to face Blake Christian, but he tore his bicep. Fans flip him off, and he gives them the bird right back. He gets to his feet as he gets into the ring. Chelsea Green calls Blake Christian a red-headed Smurf and says he’s been slandering her. She says Christian doesn’t cut it, and she compares him to Scrappy-Doo. She blames him for injuring the leader of the GCW Universe, Cardona.Green tells the fans to hail the Deathmatch King. Cardona says this was supposed to be a very important night, as June 5 is the one-year anniversary of his GCW debut. He looks back on the eventful night, when he attacked Nick Gage. He says he put GCW on the map when he won the GCW World Championship, and he’s been carrying the company ever since. Cardona calls Christian an unsafe worker and says he ripped his bicep right from the bone. Cardona states that he has to get surgery, so he’ll be out between three and five months. He says Christian took money out of his wallet and food off his table. He blames Christian for ruining the second Summer of Cardona. Cardona says, “F*** you, Blake Christian.” Christian comes to the ring and says he was a reckless, dangerous, and unsafe wrestler. He says he has a heavy heart and points out the run Cardona has been on before he rubs in the fact that Cardona lost the IMPACT Digital Media Championship. Christian says he feels really bad, and he says he’s sorry. He admits that he was a big fan of Zack Ryder and says he loves the “Hoeski” song, though he would have liked it more if it was about Green. He pokes fun at Cardona’s run as a Hype Bro and the way he lost the Intercontinental Championship the night after he won it. Christian suggests he could make it the Summer of Cardona by giving up his dream of being the champion by having the advertised #1 Contender Match and laying down for him. Cardona says, “Let’s do it.”
- #1 Contender Match: Blake Christian defeated Matt Cardona
- Christian lies down and kicks out of the pin. Green tries to hit Christian with a chair, but he ducks, so she hits Cardona. Christian superkicks Green and superkicks Cardona to win the bout.
- Los Macizos defeated Rina Yamashita and Toru Sugiura
- Cage of Survival match for the GCW Extreme Championship: Alex Colon defeated John Wayne Murdoch (c) to win the title.
— Rob (@HeyyImRob) June 5, 2022
— ?????? (@WrestlingCovers) June 5, 2022