One of tonight’s announced matches for AEW Dynamite has been changed due to a recently revealed injury.
All Elite Wrestling took to social media this morning to announce that former AEW Women’s World Champion Britt Baker is injured, and the originally scheduled three-way match has been changed to a singles match between Toni Storm and Ruby Soho. Tweeting out:
“Due to injury, Dr. @RealBrittBaker D.M.D. will not be able to compete in the scheduled 3-Way Match on #AEWDynamite. Following their postmatch encounter last Wednesday on Dynamite, it will now be @realrubysoho fighting #ToniStorm one-on-one LIVE on TBS at 8pm ET/7pm CT, TONIGHT,” All Elite Wrestling posted on Twitter.
While Britt Baker competed on last night’s episode of AEW Dark against Billie Starkz, that match was previously taped on December 17. Her last match occurred on January 11 when she and Jamie Hayter defeated Saraya and Toni Storm in tag team action.
It’s unknown at this time if Baker’s injury is legitimate or part of an ongoing storyline.
The updated card for tonight’s episode of AEW Dynamite is as follows:
- AEW TNT Championship Open Challenge: Darby Allin (c) (w/ Sting) vs. Buddy Matthews of The House of Black (w/ Julia Hart)
- Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal
- JungleHOOK vs. “All Ego” Ethan Page and Matt Hardy of The Firm
- Ricky Starks & Action Andretti vs. Sammy Guevara and Chris Jericho of The Jericho Appreciation Society
- Ruby Soho vs. Toni Storm
- “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson vs. ROH Six-Man Tag Team Champion “The Machine” Brian Cage of The Embassy
READ MORE: Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal Announced For 1/25 AEW Dynamite
What do you make of this Britt Baker news? Does this lessen your excitement for AEW Dynamite tonight? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section below.