Saraya’s AEW debut saw her make the save for Toni Storm, but a lot has changed since that night in Queens, New York.
The former Paige debuted in Tony Khan’s promotion at AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam on September 21, 2022. She showed up to make the save for Toni Storm from Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter, Serena Deeb, and Rebel.
The current AEW Women’s World Champion took to Twitter to celebrate her one-year anniversary in the Jacksonville-based promotion. She also took the opportunity to throw subtle shade toward former best friend Toni Storm.
Saraya posted two side-by-side pictures. The first image shows her posing in a hoodie moments before making her AEW debut. The second image is of her showing off the AEW Women’s World Championship.
“Happy 1 year anniversary to MEEEE in @AEW a lot has changed. Toni was the champ when I walked in. Now I am. (devil emoji),” she tweeted.
Title defense against Toni Storm
Saraya won the AEW Women’s World Championship in a fatal four-way match at All In. She defeated defending champion Hikaru Shida in a match that also featured Britt Baker and fellow Outcast stable mate Toni Storm.
The 31-year-old star will put her title on the line against Storm on the upcoming episode of AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam. Storm had won a fatal four-way women’s eliminator to earn a shot at her former best friend.
Fans can check out the full line-up for the show below:
- MJF (c) vs. Samoa Joe – Singles Match for the AEW World Championship
- Saraya (c) vs. Toni Storm – Singles Match for the AEW Women’s World Championship
- Jon Moxley (c) vs. Rey Fenix – Singles Match for the AEW International Championship
- Claudio Castagnoli (ROH World Champion) vs. Eddie Kingston (NJPW Strong Openweight Champion) – Title vs. Title Match
- Chris Jericho vs. Sammy Guevara – Singles Match