1. Who is your favorite of the new “Big Men” on WWE television today?
None of them…I hate them all! – 32% – I actually like Big guys…sorry!
2. Who would you like to see face The Rock face at WrestleMania 21?
Randy Orton 38% – I would love this feud. The first 3rd generation stars.
3. Who’s WWE/World Title reign was the least expected in 2004?
JBL 90% – No surprise here.
4. Who should be the next to retire from in-ring action?
Ric Flair 66% – Most of you thought he should become a manager.
5. How do you feel about the Kane/Lita angle on Raw?
It’s what I have come to expect on RAW. 54% – Speaks for itself.
6. What type of matches to you enjoy watching the most?
I like them all the same 46% – As long as a match is exciting, it doesn’t matter.
7. Would you watch a weekly prime time program of TNA if it was available?
Yes 60% – The majority want a choice other than WWE.
8. Who would you most like to see back on WWE television in a full time position?
The Rock 44% – He is still The People’s Champ.
9. Do you read the taped results for SmackDown (spoilers) before it airs on television?
Yes, All the time 42% – How can you guys ruin it for yourselves?!
10. When you hear the name of Bret Hart, what one of these things comes to mind first?
The best there is, was and ever will be 46% – Almost half. No surprise here.
11. How old are you?
19-29 60% – This was a large age group. Kind of expected.
12. Which is the biggest feud of the last 25 years?
McMahon/Austin 42% – You can’t deny the effect that this feud had.
13. List your top 5 favorite wrestlers of all time. (I listed the top 15 by percentage of people that voted for them.) My picks: Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Scott Hall & Triple H
1. Bret Hart 50%
14. List your top 5 favorite managers of all time. (I listed the top 10 by percentage of people that voted for them.) My picks: Bobby Heenan, Miss Elizabeth, Freddy Blassie, Mr. Fugi & Paul Bearer
1. Bobby Heenan 62%
Essay Question: (I chose a few random responses.)
Will Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit ever hold the WWE/World Titles again?
Eddie Guererro and Chris Benoit will become heavyweight champs again…..if they jump ship and join TNA. To answer the question, no. Why? One, Triple H beat them to Stephanie McMahon! Two, Vince McMahon has this fixation with screwing over anyone that worked with Ted Turner. It’s not enough that Turner forwarded WCW to him. In my eyes, he takes the disrespect to a whole new level by degrading some of the company’s finest. For instance, Scott Steiner! He went from multi-time WCW heavyweight champ to Test’s flunky that worked Heat cards. Another example, Booker T! A five time champ, who hasn’t worn that belt since coming to Raw. Benoit had to take the journey of a jobber, before getting the belt he once held. Look at Perfect Event! One of the up and coming stables in WCW! Where are they now? Chuck Palumbo- pretty much a jobber! Shawn Stasiak- fired without being given a fair shot! Sean O’Haire- before getting the pink slip, he was Piper’s henchman? Mark Jindrak- relegated to serving Kurt Angle.
Umm…. no. They put on more entertaining matches whenever the pressure of being World champ isn’t on them. They should go after the US/IC Title.
I think they both will hold the titles again but Benoit will get again it well before eddie. Eddie was a good champ for smackdown but the pressure got to eddie cause he was the top guy on smackdown the fans loved him but the rating started to drop, as we all know eddie has got a short fuse so when vince thinks eddie will be alright eddie will be champ again Now Benoit was one of the best champs on raw he brought the best out the game HHH, HBK AND KANE THESE MATCHES WERE AMAZING TO WATCH!!! It was great to see randy orton win the title but i think benoit should have kept for a while like until armageddon atleast and then let orton win the title. So Benoit will get the title back as soon as this HHH AND ORTON feud is over!
Benoit: most likely will hold one of the two main titles again. With too much face competition on Raw, he should probably return to Smackdown and feud with Angle for the WWE. As for Guerrero: Unfortunately, doubtful he will again hold one of the “big two”. From everything between the lines reported by the IWC, another title run doesn’t seem in Eddie’s best interest or wishes as of now. The impression I have is that Eddie can not, should not, and does not wish to deal with the pressure of being a world/WWE champion.
I hope you enjoyed my Special Survey Results Column. It took me a lot of time to get all of your responses recorded and organized and I have to say that it was worth it. I will be back next week with a regular column. If you would like to let me know what you thought of these results please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?