Superstar Spotlight Presents: Aimless Thoughts
- The TNA World Heavyweight Championship match between AJ Styles and Bobby Roode was really good, and I'm glad Roode's talent is being rewarded. Speaking of Impact, I still think they need more time to get comfortable with their 'episodic' format, but it will gel in time and I have seen alot of positives. Last week's opening segment went over well, but I could have done without the ones after that.
- I like the slow burning angles featuring Abyss/Joseph Park and Christopher Daniels/Kaz/AJ Styles over the past few weeks; it seems like TNA is finding a balance for things. In saying this, I also wish they would put more emphasis on putting on better pay-per-view shows. I know that business model is outdated, but they should make them feel bigger or change the price. I'm not part of the cable company so I don't know what they make off of events, but ROH and other companies are getting comparable iPPV buys for lower prices. Slammiversary is only a few weeks away, and it should feel bigger than it already is being promoted. The unwritten order of importance is generally agreed upon as being Bound For Glory first, followed by Lockdown or Slammiversary. Destination X and Victory Road aren't far behind, but those shows should be the most important and they haven't felt like it in awhile.
- I like Big Show being a foil for John Cena, and I may be one of the few people who are not sick of them being paired together. I like Big Show being a henchman for Big Johnny, and I am glad he didn't go the route of being forced against his will like JBL did to Shawn Michaels years ago. Big Show is looking out for himself, and Cena was a casualty; it works for me.
- WWE is promoting their newest video game fairly early, but it may gain some additional buys now that the company will name drop it all summer. Putting Punk on the cover was a good choice, but I actually liked the People Power cover too. One thing I would change, is how Xbox 360 is always the console given top billing in cover art. As a PS3 player, I'm tired of it happening and think Sony should get some love. It seems like a solid game, but they (THQ) always says that. If the game mechanics are fixed, or at least offered an arcadey alternate style set up, on top of the Attitude era roster I would be sold. Then again, THQ could give me Here Comes The Pain HD and I would be salivating.
- Dolph Ziggler looks to finally breaking away from Vickie Guerrero, and he is going to get the push he finally deserves. Really? We got all of that from this week's RAW? It may be coming, but I don't see anything different happening with him unless he goes right into a feud that makes sense. Jack Swagger, Zack Ryder or a new Vickie protege would all be good. Going after a midcard title again, not so much. I'd even like to see him get recruited by All World, turn him down, and have Abe send guys after him. Dolph has talent, but that doesn't mean he needs to shoot straight to the top. I wouldn't mind seeing a proper feud with CM Punk this fall, but they need to give him something good before he gets lost again.
- John Cena wasn't even on RAW this week, and I like the idea of giving guys time off. I understand that people expect him there, but he needs time off to rest up every once in a while. WWE doesn't have an offseason, but a week off isn't hurting anyone.
- Lord Tensai was supposed to get a new direction, and it looks like that direction is staying off of RAW. He can still work, but the foreign gimmick isn't helping with reaction. I said he could be a silent ass kicker with a manager, but he should lose the tattoos and keep the moveset.
- AJ seems that much hotter now that she's crazy. Same goes for Eve; I like the business attitude and glasses. Divas in roles that make sense. Sure beats all of the 'Nattie Neidfart' and 'Piggie James' stuff.
- I want to try Vegas Fuel, the energy drink that sponsors VOW Live. (Unpaid plug)
- Check out the lastest 'Anti Antagonist' columns by Adam Gorzelsky. They are good reads; I especially enjoyed 'We Are Jericho' and 'Second Fiddle.' (This message paid for by @polishhmr)
-Just a prediction, (not confirming), but Wrestlemania 30 is going to be in Montreal. Sorry to disappoint all of you people hoping for London, but think about it. A city of "Olympic" sized proportions? Olympic Stadium is in Montreal, and they hosted the 1976 Olympic Games. It makes sense.
- I would like to acknowledge the people who I share a birthday with, including Manny Ramirez, Gale Sayers, Tom Morello, and WWE Legend Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Happy birthday to us all.