The semifinals of the Grand Slam World Title Eliminator Tournament are set for the September 9 episode of AEW Collision.
On the September 8 episode of AEW Rampage, Penta El Zero Miedo beat Jay Lethal to advance to the semifinals. In the main event, Samoa Joe scored a decisive win over Jeff Hardy to move on to the semifinal round. They will face off in a semifinal bout on the September 9 episode of AEW Collision.
On the other side of the bracket, Darby Allin will take on Roderick Strong, as they won their quarterfinal matches on the September 6 episode of AEW Dynamite. The winners of the semifinals will clash on the September 13 episode of AEW Dynamite.
MJF will defend the AEW World Championship against the tournament winner on AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam on September 20.
AEW also announced that Kris Statlander will hold an open challenge for the TBS Championship on Saturday.
9/9 AEW Collision Card
The updated card for Saturday’s episode of AEW Collision is as follows:
- Grand Slam Eliminator Tournament: Darby Allin vs. Roderick Strong
- Grand Slam Eliminator Tournament: Samoa Joe vs. Penta El Zero Miedo
- AEW International Championship: Jon Moxley (c) vs. Action Andretti
- TBS Championship Open Challenge: Kris Statlander (c) vs. TBA
- Bullet Club Gold (Jay White, Juice Robinson, The Gunns) vs. Metalik, Gravity & Dios Del Inframundo & Aerostar
- We’ll hear from Saraya & Ruby Soho, The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass, and Bryan Danielson
Catch up on our coverage of the September 8 episode of AEW Rampage here.