WWE Smackdown live event (Springfield, Mo.)
Report by Rebecca Steiner and ProWrestling.net
1. Sin Cara defeated Tyson Kidd.
2. Johnny Curtis defeated Brodus Clay. The crowd was dead for the majority of this match, picking no favorite.
3. AJ and Kaitlyn defeated Natalya and Tamina. After the match, Tamina and Natalya got into an argument outside of the ring, which escalated to pushing and shoving, Natalya was held back by a referee.
Harley Race came out and thanked all the fans for being a part of wrestling. He was escorted to the ring by assistant to General Manager Teddy Long. Aksana and Heath Slater interrupted Harley Race for no apparent reason. The crowd broke out into a “you suck” chant quickly, and Slater retaliated with “I can’t suck, I’m not from Springfield!” Ezekiel Jackson ran out and Harley Race suggested the two of them fight.
4. Ezekiel Jackson defeated Heath Slater.
Wade Barrett came to the ring, got on the mic, and described how Daniel Bryan does not deserve the Money in the Bank briefcase and should mow Wade Barrett’s lawn instead. Daniel Bryan came out after Wade Barrett was finished speaking.
5. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett.
Aksana came out again and some t-shirts were thrown out to the crowd and four lucky volunteers were picked to come to the ring for a dancing contest. A young boy won the dance contest and all four participants got a free t-shirt. They advertised for a promotional photo of Randy Orton, which was personally autographed by Randy Orton. The posters were available in the arena.
6. Sheamus defeated Mark Henry via DQ. Mark Henry used a steel chair, causing a DQ.
Cody Rhodes came out to the ring, had an assistant give select fans in the front rows paper bags to put over their heads, and got on the microphone.
7. Cody Rhodes defeated Ted Dibiase Jr. to retain the Intercontinental Title. During the match, Cody Rhodes got into a screaming match with a probably seven year old boy where they both exchanged “you suck!” “I don’t suck!” retorts.
8. Randy Orton defeated Christian in a “fans choice” match to retain the World Hvt. Championship. The choices were a best 2 of 3 falls match or a street fight; the fans overwhelmingly choice a street fight. The weapons utilized: kendo stick, illegal holds, interference from other people. Cody Rhodes decided to run out and interfere to help Christian. Ted Dibiase Jr. ran out to offset Cody Rhodes. It was pretty tame for a street fight match, but a good wrestling match overall.