WWE RAW Brand House Show (November 10, 2011)
Braehead Arena in Glasgow, Scotland
Results by Craig Broadfoot and F4WOnline.com
I attended the Raw Brand house show in Glasgow this evening. Show looked pretty much sold out. Mostly kids in attendance but that’s nothing new for Glasgow.
Announcer: Justin Roberts
1) Santino Marella pinned Drew McIntyre with the Cobra in about 6 minutes. Scott Armstrong was ref. Drew was very over as a face. Crowd very unhappy to see him lose in Scotland. Drew played to the crowd after the match and got another big pop.
2) Alex Riley and Primo beat David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty, when Riley pinned Otunga with a TKO in about 10 minutes. Chad Patton was referee. Primo put his evil ways to one side for the evening. Good match, Primo played the face in peril, big hot tag to Riley who cleaned house and got the win.
3) Mason Ryan beat Curt Hawkins with a full nelson slam in about 5 minutes. Armstrong was referee. What you would expect.
4) United States Champion Dolph Ziggler beat John Morrison in about 12 minutes with a superkick. Paton was referee. Ziggler cut a good promo to start. Then Morrison did perhaps his best promo in years, complete with a Glaswegian accent, calling Ziggler a ‘dobber’ (eg a semi-erect penis). Nothing quite like a crowd of 6 year old children chanting dobber. Match was the best so far, great near falls at the end. Dolph went after Morrison with the belt after the match but was foiled and hit with Starship Pain.
The Bellas hosted a dance contest which was won by a little kid.
5) Divas Champion Beth Phoenix beat Eve Torres with a Glam Slam. Armstrong was referee. Match was what you’d expect. Beth attacked Eve after the match but Kelly Kelly made the save wearing a gold bikini top and jeans. Exactly what you’d expect her to be wearing just chilling backstage.
6) John Cena, Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder beat The Miz, R-Truth and Kevin Nash. Chad Patton was the ref again. Match went about 20 minutes, Cena only tagged in at the finish. Match saw the heels work over Kofi Kingston for the most part until he finally made the hot tag to Cena who got a monster pop, hit all his trademark moves and pinned Miz with the Attitude Adjustment. Nash looked okay to be honest, a bit awkward taking bumps but he didn’t hold back. For what it’s worth all the guys in the match were super over.
A number of people with young children in particular left at this point.
7) CM Punk beat WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio via DQ in about 20 mins. Armstrong was referee. Ricardo Rodriguez did the honours for Del Rio. Lots of stalling to start. Ricardo interfered repeatedly until Armstrong caught him and ejected him. Good heat and they put on a solid main event. Finish saw Punk hit the GTS but the ref got bumped. Ricardo ran back out and hit Punk only to get his pants pulled down to reveal Superman underwear. Punk hit the big elbow and went for a second GTS only for Ricardo to hit him with a chair for the DQ. Punk went for revenge only to get jumped by Otunga, McGillicutty and Ziggler. He was saved by Cena, Kingston, Ryder and Eve. Dolph got abandoned hit with all the finishers including an airplane spin GTS by Punk and a top rope moonsault by Eve to send us home happy.
Good end to a fun show.
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?