TNA Live Event
Report by I.R. Parrot and ProWrestling.net
1. There was an opening match between two independent wrestlers. The babyface wrestler who was said to be from Bowie got the win. Weak.
2. A battle royal for a TNA Title shot was ruled a no-contest.
3. Mickie James beat Gail Kim. A decent match.
4. Zema Ion defeated Sonjay Dutt to retain the X Division Title.
5. James Storm defeated Magnus.
Jeff Hardy came out to cut a promo. He ended up fighting a tall Aces & 8s member.
6. Austin Aries, Kurt Angle, and A.J. Styles defeated Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, and Bobby Roode in a six-man tag match. Aries and Roode brawled in the outfield and right where we were sitting in the front row by the home team dugout. Roode ended up over the guard rail and Aires climbed a few steps and landed sort of on Roode. Daniels and AJ also brawled on top of the dugout with AJ flipping Daniels over onto his back.
Notes: Basically, it seems like it was the same card as in Richmond but with a rain delay and it only went from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM likely because of severe weather. The autograph session was rushed. Sonjay Dutt did not seemed thrilled to be there (I guess not having a contract is a bit of a downer). Zema Ion was rather gracious especially when we mentioned that we had seen him on that Nat Geo special. Daniels said, “thanks ma’am” to any comments in the autograph line (or sir as the case may be), and Kazarian said nothing although he was very articulate in the ring. They should let him speak more.
The Crowd seemed into it. Hardy had the biggest pop but Angle had a lot of USA chants and was very over. The crowd went nuts for Storm who lost his place in his monologue but seemed to be enjoying what he was doing with the crowd interaction.