Three top stars are unable to compete at the Best of the Super Junior final on June 3.
New Japan Pro-Wrestling announced that Will Ospreay, Karl Anderson, and Tanga Loa have been pulled from the card. Ospreay remains sidelined with a kidney infection, Anderson tested positive for COVID-19, and Loa injured his knee.
The announcement from NJPW’s official website is as follows:
Thank you for supporting New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
After previously being announced as appearing at the Nippon Budokan for June 3’s Best of the Super Jr. final, Karl Anderson and Will Ospreay will not be able to attend for medical reasons, and Tanga Loa has sustained an injury and is not cleared to participate.
Will Ospreay is currently recovering from a kidney infection, while Karl Anderson has received a positive PCR test for COVID. Tanga Loa has sustained an injury to his right knee.
We deeply apologize to fans who were looking forward to seeing all three appear, and appreciate your understanding. New Japan Pro-Wrestling joins fans in wishing Anderson, Ospreay and Loa a full and speedy recovery.
The updated card is as follows:
- Best of the Super Juniors tournament finals: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado
- Jay White, Doc Gallows, Taiji Ishimori, and Gedo vs. Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, Tama Tonga, and Jado
- Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Aaron Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, and El Phantasmo
- Juice Robinson vs. Tomoaki Honma
- Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato vs. Francesco Akira and TJP
- El Lindaman, Ace Austin, Wheeler Yuta, and Alex Zayne vs. Robbie Eagles, YOH, Titan, and Clark Connors
WrestleZone will provide more information as it becomes available.