WrestleZone Radio is proud to present the second episode of The Sharpshooter Show w/ Bret “The Hitman” Hart!
This episode is made possible by The Sharpshooter Show’s official sponsors Jimmy’s Famous Seafood & Sharpshooter Funding.
Some transcribed quotes from Bret from this episode are available in this post. Some of the topics addressed in those transcribed quotes include:
- Shane McMahon getting passed over to take control of WWE in real life years ago
- Hulk Hogan’s current lawsuit against Gawker
Subscribe to WrestleZone Radio on iTunes to get the latest The Sharpshooter Show episodes
On Shane McMahon getting passed over to take control of WWE in real life years ago:
BH: Maybe it’s storyline, maybe it’s not. I know there’s a lot of tension between Stephanie and Shane. It’s my understanding, unless I’m wrong, that there was a lot of tension there for quite a long time. Which is why Shane left. They kind of passed him over and gave everything to Stephanie to run. There’s a lot of question marks about the legitimacy or the reality of what’s going on. For me, as WrestleMania gets closer, the wrestling fan in me is kind of excited about seeing where it goes.
On Hulk Hogan’s multi-million dollar lawsuit against Gawker:
BH: I am not a big Hogan fan but I will say that when someone tapes you without your knowledge and uses it against you… he’s got a good case maybe that way. As far as damages and stuff. You can never take away what he said. All of the stuff that he said came right out of his own mouth and was his own words. It did a lot of harm to his image. It cost him his relationship with the WWE. Probably for a lot of fans, especially black fans, I think they really saw a side of him that they’ll never really bond with again. Maybe rightfully so. As soon as I saw all that stuff happen I was like, “Wow! How could he make that kind of mistake?” When you’ve got friends like that Bubba guy that would actually tape you doing all these things and then try to sell those tapes. It sounds like a bunch of slimy people. Hogan is a slimeball and it seems like the kinds of people he hangs out with are slimeballs. Everybody got messy. Everybody got dirty out of that thing. If he makes a lot of money on it, I dunno, I can’t put a price tag on integrity and reputation. You’d never catch Bret Hart saying the things Hulk Hogan said.
The first half of today’s show features Bret chatting candidly with WrestleZone Daily host Nick Hausman about a variety of topics.
Some of the topics discussed during the first half of the show include:
- The real life dynamic between dynamic between Vince, Shane & Stephanie McMahon
- Vince choosing to give control of WWE to Stephanie & Triple H instead of Shane McMahon years ago
- Whether or not we could be seeing Linda McMahon involved in their on-screen storyline
- If Vince McMahon ever considered entering politics
- ECW Original Rhyno’s decision to run for State Representative in Michigan
- Bret’s thought’s on Hulk Hogan’s current lawsuit against Gawker
- Sami Zayn’s return to WWE and immediately attacking Kevin Owens
- Chris Jericho’s heel turn on AJ Styles
- Whether or not the Styles Clash is a dangerous move
- The Fabulous Freebirds, The Godfather & The Big Boss Man joining Sting in the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame class
- Other names he think should be considered for the WWE Hall of Fame
- Bret’s partnership with Calgary Prostate Cancer Center
After a brief break Bret & Nick return for the second half of the show joined by Bret’s son Blade.
Bret kicks off the second half of the show with his “Hit Of The Week.” Each episode Bret dives in to his archives and picks one of his favorite personal matches to chat in depth about. This week Bret and Blade take a look back at his WrestleMania XIII classic against “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.
Then, Bret welcomes on to the show mixed martial artist Micah Terrill. Micah will be competing in the co-main event of Shogun Fights 14 on April 16, 2016 in Baltimore, MA. Micah & Bret dive in to a discussion about:
- Whether Bret ever considered competing in mixed martial arts
- Micah’s personal fighting style
- The big upsets that happened at UFC 196
- Who Bret thinks will win between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones
- Micah’s upcoming fight at Shogun Fights 14
This episode also features Bret & Blade giving their “4 Out Of 10” award of the week as well as answering questions from the #AskTheHitman mailbag.
You can listen to the full archives from WrestleZone Radio in the embedded audio player below: