This WrestleZone Radio exclusive features WZ Daily’s Nick Hausman interviewing former WWE Tag Team Champions The Nasty Boys. Brian Knobs starts the interview with Nick before Jerry Saggs joins the interview shortly after.
You can find more information about the interview as well as some transcribed comments from it below.
Subscribe to WrestleZone Radio on iTunes
On WWE’s decision to infuse more cruiserweight wrestling in to it’s product:
JS: Once you stick yourself in that cruiserweight or light-weight niche… when I see it now it’s slowly turning one of the greatest wrestling companies in to looking like an independent. Like a TNA or something like that. I think it’s wrong. I think the way that they are doing things now is wrong. That style of wrestling should be part of a card but not every freaking match. That’s bullcrap. That’s one of the big mistakes they’re making right now. Yeah, cruiserweights are a great thing. 150 pound guys that are that size or whatever, yeah, but they shouldn’t be wearing the WWE title. That’s a joke. They should barely be able to get around the Intercontinental belt.
BK: I take it like everything else. Everything changes. Nothing stays the same. So, if this is the way it’s changing and the people are still getting with it, it looks like they are, that’s the way. They still have some big guys. Look at Cass with his buddy Enzo. He’s my favorite.
JS: Look at the ratings. Look at who is drawing. The house show. The gates. Look at the pay-per-views… is it really working?
The Nasty Boys appearance is in conjunction with their upcoming appearance at Legends of Wrestling Night at Marlins Park in Miami, FL on August 27th.
Some of the topics in this interview include:
- The origins of “Pity City” and what legends help them come up with it
- The upcoming Legends of Wrestling night at Marlins Park in Miami on August 27th
- Jerry’s memories of growing up with Brian and the backyard wrestling company he used to run
- Their favorite memories from SummerSlam
- WWE’s decision to do less shows at classic venues like Madison Square Garden
- More big men in pro wrestling trying to act like cruiserweights
- The New Day as WWE Tag Team Champions
- WWE’s decision to make Brock Lesnar exempt from their Wellness Policy
- Why Kevin Owens would have fit in with The Nasty Boys
You can listen to more pro wrestling audio from WrestleZone Radio in the embedded audio player below: