ROH “Survival of the Fittest” (Dayton, Ohio)
Report by Justin Madden and ProWrestling.net
The crowd was probably 300 to 400 people which is a lot for the venue. Many people were forced to stand. The autograph signing beforehand was run well and all talent was very friendly.
1. Kyle O’Reilly defeated Andy “Right Leg” Ridge to advance to the Survival of the Fittest finals. Basically, it was a chop and kick fest. O’Reilly has some potential. The crowd seems to like him.
2. The Briscoes beat The Bravado Brothers to advance to the Survival of the Fittest finals. It what was basically a squash match.
3. Eddie Edwards defeated “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett to advance to the Survival of the Fittest finals. Bennet is getting better and at a few points it really seemed like he was going to win. Edwards won with his new submission finisher.
4. Michael Elgin defeated Tomasso Ciampa, Adam Cole, and Kenny King in a four corners match to advance to the Survival of the Fittest finals. Decent four corners match.
5. El Generico wrestled Steve Corino to a time limit draw. Awful match not helped by the fact many in attendance didn’t know the backstory between these two. Corino kept begging Generico to kick his ass and refused to cheat because he’s trying to change. He called out Kevin Steen for Final Battle.
6. Roderick Strong defeated Rhett Titus to advance to the Survival of the Fittest finals. Very good match. Fast paced. Strong won with Sick Kick.
7. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas defeated Jay Lethal and Davey Richards in a Champions Challenge. Great match. Over 20 mins lots if action and near falls. Lethal took the pin while Richards was on the floor. The World’s Greatest Tag Team should turn heel and swap places with the Briscoes.
8. Michael Elgin defeated Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Eddie Edwards, Roderick Strong, and Kyle O’Reilly to win Survival of the Fittest. The Briscoes were eliminated first in rapid succession. Strong went next, then Edwards. The finish between O’Reilly and Elgin was fantastic! Very close near fall. The entire place was on its feet.